micrOFF™ miRNA Inhibitors are chemically synthesized single-stranded RNA molecules, that can be readily uptaken by cells with the aid of transfection reagent. The transfection efficiency can be monitored using appropriate miRNA controls. Therefore, it is easier, safer and less time-consuming than the vector-based expression system or the virus-based delivery system. RiboBio provides miRNA inhibitors covering all the human, mouse and rat miRNAs in the most updated miRBase database release. miRNA inhibitors for other organisms will be provided upon request.
micrOFF™ miRNA Inhibitors with
unique sequence may bind to and hence inhibit several miRNAs with highly
conserved sequences or multiple members of a miRNA family. Hence they are
suitable for miRNA functional studies in the field of cell proliferation,
apoptosis, cell differentiation, cell migration, stem cell growth and so
Figure 1. A549 cells were transfected with mimic (miR-192) and inhibitor
(ant-miR192) of miRNA-192.
(A) Cell proliferation was monitored by EdU assay at
48 hours post transfection.
(B) Our results indicated that miRNA-192 inhibitor
(ant-miR192) significantly enhance cell proliferation.
Figure 2. Transfection of miR-1285 inhibitor resulted in significant increase of p53 mRNA and protein expression.
(A) Quantitative real-time PCR analysis of p53 mRNA expression in
SH-SY5Y cells transfected with miR-1285 inhibitor.
(B) Western blot analysis of p53 expression in SH-SY5Y cells transfected with
Shipped at room temperature as powder.
Store at -20℃ to -80℃. Stable for a year.
1. Briefly centrifuge tubes to ensure that the pellet is collected at the bottom of the tube.
2. Resuspend to a convenient stock concentration using the recommended volume of RNase-free water shown in Table 1.
3. Pipette the solution up and down 3-5 times, avoiding the introduction of bubbles.
4. Briefly centrifuge tubes to ensure that the solution is collected at the bottom of the tube.
5. Verify the concentration using UV spectrophotometry (at 260 nm).
6. Divide into several tubes, and store at –20ºC to –80ºC.
For best results, limit freeze-thaw events of each tube to no more than five.
Table 1. Recommended Resuspension Volumes for Concentration of 20μM
1) Wu J, Wu G, Lv L, Ren YF, Zhang XJ, Xue YF, Li G, Lu X, Sun Z, Tang KF.MicroRNA-34a inhibits migration and invasion of colon cancer cells via targeting to Fra-1.Carcinogenesis. 2012 Jan 17.
2) Zheng B, Liang L, Huang S, Zha R, Liu L, Jia D, Tian Q, Wang Q, Wang C, Long Z, Zhou Y, Cao X, Du C, Shi Y, He X.MicroRNA-409 suppresses tumour cell invasion and metastasis by directly targeting radixin in gastric cancers.Oncogene. 2011 Dec 19.
3) Du J, Wang J, Tan G, Cai Z, Zhang L, Tang B, Wang Z.Aberrant elevated microRNA-146a in dendritic cells (DC) induced by human pancreatic cancer cell line BxPC-3-conditioned medium inhibits DC maturation and activation .Med Oncol. 2012 Feb 7
4)Wang T, Li M, et al.MicroRNAs miR-27a and miR-143 Regulate Porcine Adipocyte Lipid Metabolism.Int J Mol Sci. 2011;12(11):7950-9. Epub 2011 Nov 15.
5)Li L, Shi JY, Zhu GQ, Shi B.MiR-17-92 cluster regulates cell proliferation and collagen synthesis by targeting TGFB pathway in mouse palatal mesenchymal cellsJ Cell Biochem. 2011 Nov 17.
6)Huang MB, Xu H, Xie SJ, Zhou H, Qu LH.Insulin-Like Growth Factor-1 Receptor Is Regulated by microRNA-133 during Skeletal Myogenesis.PLoS One. 2011;6(12):e29173. Epub 2011 Dec 15.
7)Zheng B, Liang L,et al.MicroRNA-409 suppresses tumour cell invasion and metastasis by directly targeting radixin in gastric cancers.Oncogene. 2011 Dec 19.
8)Wu J, Wu G,et al.MicroRNA-34a inhibits migration and invasion of colon cancer cells via targeting to Fra-1.Carcinogenesis. 2011 Dec 22.
9)Lin X, Liang D, et al.miR-K12-7-5p encoded by Kaposi"s sarcoma-associated herpesvirus stabilizes the latent state by targeting viral ORF50/RTA.PLoS One. 2011 Jan 20;6(1):e16224.
10)Lin H, Dai T,et al.Unregulated miR-96 induces cell proliferation in human breast cancer by downregulating transcriptional factor FOXO3a.PLoS One. 2010 Dec 23;5(12):e15797.