micrON™ miRNA Mimics are chemically synthesized double-stranded small RNAs, which mimic the endogenous miRNA function after tranfection into cells. Their ability of regulating corresponding target genes using endogenous miRNA machinery makes micrON™ miRNA Mimics suitable for miRNA gain-of-function studies. The micrON™ mimics are available ordering on line and covers all human, mouse and rat miRNAs presented in the latest miRBase. For other organisms, mimics can be synthesized as customers request.
Figure1. Western blot analysis of b-Actin, cleaved PARP and Caspase 7 after 48h of treatment with miR-192 or Ncontrol.
Figure 2. miR-192 inhibits cell viability.
(A) Cell viability of A549, HEK293 and HeLa by Celltiter assay. (B) A549 cells were transfected with 50, 10 and 1 nM miRNA mimics and Ncontrol.
Cell viability assays were performed 48 h after transfection.(C) EdU assay of relative Hoechst stained cells and EdU add-in cells.
Activity of micrON™ miRNA Mimic can be examined by RNA and protein assay of the miRNA target genes, and/or assay of cellular function regulated by miRNA. Its activity on target binding can be validated by co-transfection with 3’UTR reporter (please refer to pmiR-RB-Report™ section for further information).
Comparison of miRNA levels upon transfecting miRNA mimics (50nM) or miRNA expression vector (2g/mL) into MEF cells, the relative miRNA expression was determined by qRT-PCR at 48 hours post transfection.
Figure 3. Transfection of miRNA mimics leads to over 600 times higher abundance of miRNAs in MEF cells relative to miRNA expression vectors.
Shipped at room temperature as powder.
Store at -20℃ to -80℃. Stable for a year.
1. Briefly centrifuge tubes to ensure that the pellet is collected at the bottom of the tube.
2. Resuspend to a convenient stock concentration using the recommended volume of RNase-free water shown in Table 1.
3. Pipette the solution up and down 3-5 times, avoiding the introduction of bubbles.
4. Briefly centrifuge tubes to ensure that the solution is collected at the bottom of the tube.
5. Verify the concentration using UV spectrophotometry (at 260 nm).
6. Divide into several tubes, and store at –20ºC to –80ºC.
For best results, limit freeze-thaw events of each tube to no more than five.
Table 1. Recommended Resuspension Volumes for Concentration of 20μM
1) Wu J, Wu G, Lv L, Ren YF, Zhang XJ, Xue YF, Li G, Lu X, Sun Z, Tang KF.MicroRNA-34a inhibits migration and invasion of colon cancer cells via targeting to Fra-1.Carcinogenesis. 2012 Jan 17.
2) Han M, Liu M, Wang Y, Mo Z, Bi X, Liu Z, Fan Y, Chen X, Wu C.Re-expression of miR-21 contributes to migration and invasion by inducing epithelial-mesenchymal transition consistent with cancer stem cell characteristics in MCF-7 cells.Mol Cell Biochem. 2011 Dec 21.
3) Lu ZJ, Liu SY, Yao YQ, Zhou YJ, Zhang S, Dai L, Tian HW, Zhou Y, Deng HX, Yang JL, Luo F.The effect of miR-7 on behavior and global protein expression in glioma cell lines.Electrophoresis. 2011 Dec;32(24):3612-20.
4)Li D, Wang Q, et al.Aberrant Expression of miR-638 Contributes to Benzo(a)pyrene–induced Human Cell Transformation.Toxicol Sci. 2011 Nov 1.
5)Wang T, Li M, et al.MicroRNAs miR-27a and miR-143 Regulate Porcine Adipocyte Lipid Metabolism.Int J Mol Sci. 2011;12(11):7950-9. Epub 2011 Nov 15.
6)Li L, Shi JY, Zhu GQ, Shi B.MiR-17-92 cluster regulates cell proliferation and collagen synthesis by targeting TGFB pathway in mouse palatal mesenchymal cellsJ Cell Biochem. 2011 Nov 17.
7)Ma K, He Y,et al.DNA methylation regulated miR-193a-3p dictates resistance of hepatocellular carcinoma to 5-fluorouracil via SRSF2.J Biol Chem. 2011 Nov 23.
8)Zhong XY, Yu JH,et al.MicroRNA-421 functions as an oncogenic miRNA in biliary tract cancer through down-regulating farnesoid X receptor expression.Gene. 2012 Feb 1;493(1):44-51.
9)Shu M, Zhou Y, Zhu W, Zhang H, Wu S, Chen J, Yan G.MiR-335 is Required for Differentiation of Malignant Glioma Cells Induced by Activation of cAMP/PKA Pathway.Mol Pharmacol. 2011 Dec 15.
10)Zheng B, Liang L,et al.MicroRNA-409 suppresses tumour cell invasion and metastasis by directly targeting radixin in gastric cancers.Oncogene. 2011 Dec 19.